Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Fit to buy

This post will go from healthy-boring to bling, so bear with me and keep scrolling :)


First purchase of the day, yesterday, was an Atkins cookbook. Not the one above, but I couldn't find a picture of it. I know, I'm on GI, not Atkins - but GI (or LowCarb) is really just a rather lighter version - so I'm sure this will have some good tips for me, and hopefully a recipe or two.

Anyway, it was cheap, on the book sale, 79 :-


--------

So, I'm home. Still with a knee issue, still not able to do normal exercise.

Instead, I'm on a rehab program - doing exercises that will hopefully bring my knee back to full functionality in no time. So yesterday I went shopping for a balance board, and in TRUE Ms.Take style left the building with my more than that. Or, how about:
Well, the balance board, obviously. From Energetics. Great way to get my knee back in shape, or so the physiotherapist is telling me. Probably pretty good for core training as well. Mine doesn't look exactly like that, but you get the point.

Energetics Balance Board - 200:- I would say that's good value for money?


--------


In the shop, next to the balance boards, were the yoga mats. I've been thinking of getting one for quite some time. Especially since I'm going to start doing some light pilates at home, next to my rehab exercises. The only reasonable mat was bright pink. Not really my color, but very comfy to the touch.

Casall yoga mat: 200:- I think that's ok, but still a lot of money for a bit of foam...


--------

This is where I moved from well thought through, pre-planned purchases, to pure joyriding...


On my way to the counter, carrying my balance board and my yoga mat, I passed the "sales"-section. Bad mistake!! On the Casall rack they had a very "bling" workout set that was so incredibly Ms.Take! Dark gray with a sparkle, and seams in gold. Very luxurious materials.

Read more about this set here.

They had the pants and both types of tops (ballet and v-necked hoodie) in my size, and the discount was AMAZING. (see every item)

The pants have a waist that can be worn high or low, or folded down for a super-low feel and a contrasting silver gray lining. Gold stitching on the legs.

Price on the net: £49,95 - I paid 200:- (about£14,50) Bargain? Yes!



The ballet top will look better on me than on the model. Why? Because I have a bosom ;) Straps crossed in the back and gold stitching on all seams.

Price on the net: £39,95 - I paid 100:- (about£7,80) Bargain!


Finally the hoodie. Good for those swollen days when you don't want to expose the waistline too much. Also for moving exercises where the ballet top can... well, be found lacking. Something may escape. Hoodies are cool too.

Price on the net: £49,95 - I paid 200:-


So, all in all this set put me back 500:- I thought it was great value! Maybe not the smartest of moves, getting new training gear just as I'm
1) losing weight and
2) have difficulties training - but it's another case of pre-rewarding.

I'm surely going to be working out much more at home when I can look this stylish :) I liked them even BEFORE I read about that they are a limited edition. Once out of stock, no more will be made, and only very few has been made.

Why they were on the sales rack? Probably because they were so horribly overpriced to begin with =)

--------

These purchases all following my age-old principle:
"If it's word doing, it's worth OVER-doing!"

Gorgeous set, wasn't it? :)
-----
Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO nice! me like, me want. ;)

Anonymous said...

i really like these, and i have a hard time finding workout clothes that looks good.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.