Thursday, January 25, 2007

Trysil on a budget

This past weekend some friends and I went to Trysil (a ski resort in Norway) . Just over the weekend.

Excessive? I think not. with 4 people in a car, going from Gothenburg, and staying at Trysiltunet at a whopping NOK 1500 for the weekend, the entire trip + lodgings came to just above SEK 500 p.p.

[Each cabin holds 4 apartments, pizza-slice-shaped]

Granted 13,5 kvm is not a lot of room, but it was all that was needed. After all, I don't go to a ski resort to sit in the cabin. I go there to ski! The close quarters were rather cosy, we ate breakfast and dinner there, and most importantly the shower area was roomy and clean.
[The bathroom is half the space, length-wise]

Finally, the area is easy walking distance to the lifts and ski-rental area - about 250 meter of flat land. This is rather important as most of the time one has to trek the distance wearing ski boots.

[As we say in Sweden. "If there's room for the heart, there's room for the butt:"]

Of course, Prices rise as we move into high season, but still, I can recommend this living to anyone on a budget. This is a cheap as it gets if you want to live anywhere near the slopes, and it's worth every penny. (just don't expect luxury)

Pricing and more information here.

[We were childish enough to think that it was funny that we lived in cabin "Date"]
-----
Technorati technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

Alley Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms.Take said...

Hehehe, I'm not sure if that was on my need-to-know-list, AC.

Funny, none the less :)

Alley Cat said...

Oooops - yes you are right! Sorry about that. Once again I should remind myself - think before you type Alley!