Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Buy, therefore I Blog

I already author "Snygg, Sexig och (O)Frivilligt Singel", a rather popular blog about single life in Sweden. In that blog I try to keep a humorous tone and keep far away from subjects covering monetary exchanges.

THIS blog is (will be) completely different. Although most probably following the same general thread of ironic humor;
The purpose of this blog is to be a log of my shopping.

I have a well paid job as a manager in IT. I mean really well paid. Yet somehow I have problems making ends meet some months. The reason for this is my sometimes frivolous use of my (very shiny and metallic) American Express. Very dangerous card, indeed!

I allow myself quite a lot. It's clothes, it's gadgets, it's makeup, it's skin care products, it's shoes, it's sports gear, it's trips. I buy these things all over the place, in the shops here in Gothenburg, on airports as I travel and in the cities I go to, I buy online and via catalogue.

Time to start logging and, of course, rating! I'll share my experiences with you, both regarding the products I buy and, when applicable, the place where I got them. To start with, I may well cover purchases done earlier this month, but going forward all purchases covered will be current.

Starting this blog coincides with me trying to cut down on my shopping a bit. Let's see how well THAT goes! In fact, I kind of hope to use this as a way to cut expenses. If I have to admit to buying it, maybe I wont =)
-----
Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Den här bloggen kommer kunna komplettera din andra mycket väl! Bra initiativ!

eff said...

Coolio. So, comments in english, I presume?

You should also list all sorts of IT swag you may pick up at events, companies or trade shows. Freebies count too.

Nini said...

Hahaha good luck with the "cutting down" bit ;)

Alley Cat said...

Splendid idea! I am truly looking forward to reading more about the ways you treat yourself...

Dåcktor Erik said...

Good show, Ms.Take!

Actually, seeing all your expenses in writing tends to cut them down a bit. The "gosh-did-I-buy-that"-factor is important.

Been there, done that.

Anonymous said...

As they say, you cannot take it with you. What else is there to do with money but spend, spend, spend???

I went shopping this evening for a laptop. On a Friday night. How sad is that? ;)

Kramar!