Friday, January 26, 2007

Natural Beauty

Ok, I admit, I'm not wholly a natural beauty. Some parts of me get help, as needed.
Like my nails.

Every 4-5 weeks I go to Nagelpalatset in Gothenburg and shell out SEK 500 for a lady with funny hair and an even funnier smell to put a layer of acrylic on my nails. Like today:

They're normally much longer than this, I had her take down 5 mm of length since I noticed this weekend that really long nails and skiing is hnot the best combination (hands don't fit in gloves, it's hard to open the ski-boots, etc)

Anyway. Nagelpalatset. They charge SEK 875 for a new set with french manicure, 775 for a new set of natural nails and 450-550 for every re-visit (SEK 50 extra if you break a nail and need it lengthened). If you can stand the funny smell and the even funnier people, it's the best place you can go. They've won several prices and make strong, beautiful, natural-looking nails.

Aren't they beautiful?
-----
Technorati technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

eff said...

I never did understand the whole deal with long nails, to be honest.

I mean, as long as they aren't in one of my eyes, I'm fine with them. Beyond that...

Anonymous said...

Det som slår mig mest med nagelpalatset är den massiva doften av lösningsmedel som kommer emot en när man öppnar dörren (och då har jag ändå rätt kasst luktsinne)!

Fö. förstår jag inte hur du klarar dig utan styrpinne (á la Thinkpad) på laptopen :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...I love when my nails grow really long. And I love painting them whore-reds in the winter and funky pinks in the summer.

Ooooh...and don't you just love the way it makes your hands and rings look?