Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Food for thought

I'm not doing that much shopping right now.

Why? you ask...

Well firstly, having torn a ligament in my knee, walking around town is less fun than before and secondly, I kicked into the GI diet (also known as LowCarb) a couple of days ago so I spend much more than my usual time AND money in the food store, trying to find new ingredients that I am in fact allowed to eat.

I also spend much more time than normal in the kitchen.
YES! In the kitchen. I kid you not!


Above is my new blender, which I DID buy after a Caesar dressing mishap a few days back. Below is a bowl of vegetables that put me back 30 dollars - everything in there is ECO-food (grown traditionally without additives or poisons)


So unfortunately, I really doubt this lull in my "normal" shopping is saving me any money. Quite the contrary, as I seem to be spending around 40-50 dollars/day in the food shop. I mean really!

I was about to say that I'm spending money on no lasting value, but I don't think it would be correct - I'm investing in my health and my body, is what I'm doing. Now, if I can only start moving as well, maybe I'll even lose a few inches =)
-----
Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: